Even if you’re not a professional chef, having quality kitchen tools and gadgets can make cooking at home a breeze. From peelers and zesters to sous vide machines and air fryers, there’s a gadget out there to help with just about every aspect of meal prep. Not sure which ones are worth the investment? Here are 11 must-have kitchen tools and gadgets for the home cook.
1. A quality chef’s knife. If there’s one kitchen tool that’s worth splurging on, it’s a good chef’s knife. A quality knife will make chopping, slicing, and dicing a breeze, and will last for years (with proper care).
2. A vegetable peeler. A vegetable peeler is another kitchen essential that doesn’t get nearly enough credit. From peeling potatoes to carrots to apples, a good vegetable peeler will make quick work of even the most challenging tasks.
3. A zester or microplane grater. Whether you’re zesting citrus fruits or grating cheese, a zester or microplane grater will come in handy time and time again.
4. A set of measuring cups and spoons. No matter what you’re cooking or baking, precision is key when it comes to measuring ingredients. That’s why every home cook needs a set of measuring cups and spoons on hand at all times.
5. A set of good pots and pans. Another kitchen essential that’s worth investing in is a quality set of pots and pans. Whether you’re boiling water for pasta or simmering sauce on the stove, having a reliable set of cookware will make all the difference in your culinary creations.
6. An Instant Pot or other multi-cooker. If you don’t already have an Instant Pot or other multi-cooker, now is the time to invest in one. These appliances are true game-changers when it comes to making quick and easy meals at home. From pressure cooking to slow cooking to steaming, an Instant Pot can do it all.
7. An immersion blender. An immersion blender is one of those kitchen gadgets that you didn’t know you needed until you had one. It’s perfect for pureeing soups, sauces, and other dishes right in the pot or bowl without having to transfer them to a separate blending device.
8. A stand mixer. If you enjoy baking, then a stand mixer is an absolute necessity in your kitchen. While there are some tasks that can be accomplished by hand, mixing doughs and batters is not one of them.
9. A sous vide machine. Sous vide is a French cooking method that involves sealing food in plastic bags before immersing them in water that has been heated to a very precise temperature. The result is perfectly cooked food – every single time. While sous vide machines were once found only in professional kitchens, they’re now widely available for home cooks as well.
10. Air fryer. An air fryer uses hot air instead of oil to cook food, making it a healthier alternative to traditional deep-frying. It’s also perfect for those times when you want fried foods but don’t want to deal with all the mess and hassle that comes with using a deep fryer.
11. Meat grinder. If you love burgers, sausages, and other ground meat dishes, then a meat grinder (check out best electric meat grinders) is a kitchen gadget that you need to invest in. While you can find ground meat at the grocery store, it’s usually not as fresh or flavorful as the stuff you can grind at home. Plus, it’s a whole lot more fun to make your own ground meat than it is to buy it pre-made.
No matter what your cooking style or skill level, these 11 kitchen tools and gadgets will make meal prep easier than ever before – and may even inspire you to try something new! So, what are you waiting for? Get shopping and get cooking!